Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Light



Wood Wick

The after Christmas Day Sale afforded me to come across this interesting find.  As a product called "Wood Wick," the wick of this candle is actually made of wood about a half an inch wide.  When you light this, the wood crackles non-stop as it melts the surrounding wax.  I thought that the wood would burn quickly and then the flame would go out - wasn't the case.  Apparently, this candle can stay lit for over 100 hours!








Burning The Wood








Flameless

This Christmas present from my mom ends up making this wick made of wood useless.  Instead, this device is a heat lamp that heats the wax from the top down.  I have used the traditional warmers that heat from the base of the candle up, but this method makes the scent much more apparent.  Interesting configuration!  You know, I have to always as myself, "Why did I not think of this?"  It is too simple of an idea!








Side View








The Guardians

These guys have been with me since I was a kid.  Now they reside at our house keeping watch over us at Christmas time.  With these new candles we got, they make sure that the house doesn't burn down!.  The one on the right is the oldest and is a true Nutcracker from Germany.



No comments:

Post a Comment