Monday, February 01, 2010

TCU Day

 
Go Frogs!

This post is from earlier this fall and thought that I would show some of these pics.  TCU was a huge thing this past year due to the great success of our football team.  The above is about an hour after the ceremony in which the river was supposedly turned purple.  This photograph didn't quite catch that.  However, I thought that the "GO FROGS" logo was a great addition to the bank letting them know that Fort Worth is behind them.



Purple?
(I Don't See It!)


What Is It?

While taking pics, I stumbled along this tanker truck that was spitting this blue liquid in this area of the grass along the bank.  At first, I thought that it might be fertilizer, but it was only spraying in one area.  So, is it all of the melted blue Icees in Fort Worth that they dispose of at the end of the day?  I have no idea!  Any guesses?


 
What Is It Again?!
Big birdbath? Maypole?




 
Old
Walking through Trinity Park, you are able to see some very interesting trees, but this one caught my eye.  It stands alone apart from the others as if to say that it has the wisdom and the prowess over the other trees, yet it seems fragile and possibly close to the end of its time.  


Mark Twain

This life size portrayal of Mark Twain sitting on a bench was right off of the running path next to the river.  This was dedicated to all of the folks who have the desire and passion to read the novels that have shaped the history of America and the World.  I think I'll go read the books that I have started but not yet finished now!

No comments:

Post a Comment